3 Sharp Ltd, incorporated under the laws of England and Wales under company registration number
7262706, whose registered office is at 409 Petre Street, Sheffield, S4 8LL (“3 Sharp Ltd” “We”).
3 Sharp Ltd’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the (i) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, in the UK and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation").
2. Personal data and Basis for Collection
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation, where personal data is provided directly to 3 SHARP
LTD through use of the Website, email, or other means, 3 SHARP LTD will be a data controller (as
defined in the Data Protection Legislation) of such information. Where 3 SHARP LTD is provided
with information only for the purpose of performing a contract or where 3 SHARP LTD cannot
determine the use of such information, 3 SHARP LTD will be data processor (as defined in the Data
Protection Legislation) of such information.
3 SHARP LTD may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which
3 SHARP LTD have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data including names, username or similar identifier, title, job title, directorships.
• Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data including bank account details.
• Payment Card Details are not held within the organisation and are processed through recognised Third Party providers.
• Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from 3 SHARP LTD.
• Usage Data including information about how you use 3 SHARP LTD’s Services or submit an enquiry or query through the Websites.
• Marketing and Communications including your preferences in receiving marketing or surveys from us and your communication preferences.
• Additional Information including additional information you chose to provide to us.
Unless you provide such information to us to customise the service we may provide to you, 3 SHARP LTD does not process any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor does 3 SHARP LTD collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. If you fail to provide personal data
Where you fail to provide personal data when requested, 3 SHARP LTD may not be able to perform the contract it has or is trying to enter into. In this case, 3 SHARP LTD may have to cancel the Services but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. How is your personal data collected?
3 SHARP LTD use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for the goods we supply;
- give us some feedback or complete a survey;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- create an account on our Websites.
• Third parties. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties.
5. Purposes for which 3 SHARP LTD will use your personal data
Set out below is a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the
legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data.
|Purpose / Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer or member and verify your identity when using log-ins||
|Performance of a contract|
|To process and deliver the Services including: (a) Managing payments and charges (b) Collecting and recovering money owed to us (c) Contacting you and corresponding about the products or services (d) to provide support to the products or services||
|Performance of a contract Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To respond to queries and enquiries||
|Legitimate interests (to offer similar products or offers)|
|To undertake any marketing to you||
|Legitimate interests (to offer similar products or offers)|
|Business Performance – To manage our business performance and assess client satisfaction and improvement to our services and products||
(a) Identity Data
(b) Individual Data
|Legitimate interests (to improve the services we provide)|
|Events – To enable us to provide events to you which take into consideration your preferences||
(a) Identity Data
(b) Individual Data
(c) Event Data
|Legitimate interests (to tailor events) Consent|
6. Change of purpose
3 SHARP LTD will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact email@example.com. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. How your personal data may be shared
• with third party consultants selected by 3 SHARP LTD, such as logistic companies;
• with other international 3 SHARP LTD member organisations;
• where information is shared through public platforms in accordance with the provision of the products and or services
• with marketplaces such as Amazon
• with courier and delivery companies such as DPD
• where 3 SHARP LTD is under a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply 3 SHARP LTD’s terms and conditions and other agreements;
• with third party debt recovery agencies;
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of 3 SHARP LTD and its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and for compliance with laws; and
• with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
8. How 3 SHARP LTD stores personal data
For secure storage, 3 SHARP LTD ensures that it stores your personal data within the UK. 3 SHARP LTD may share your personal data with some third parties who are based outside the EEA. In this case, 3 SHARP LTD will ensure that the appropriate security measures and processing provisions are in place to protect your personal data. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
9. Personal Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Generally, we keep personal data in accordance with our internal retention procedures, which are determined in accordance with our regulatory obligations and good practice. These retention periods depend on the nature of the information, and are subject to change. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us using the details below.
10. Your Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under Data Protection Legislation in relation to your
personal data. These include the right to:
• request access to your personal data;
• request correction of your personal data;
• request erasure of your personal data;
• object to processing of your personal data;
• request restriction of processing your personal data;
• request transfer of your personal data; and
• right to withdraw consent.
To exercise any of the above rights please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org Where you exercise your right to erasure or where information is deleted in accordance with A J SHARP LTD’s retention policy, please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period 3 SHARP LTD retains the data.
The Website is not intended for children. 3 SHARP LTD will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and will immediately delete any such data subsequently so determined.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how 3 SHARP LTD may have stored, used or
processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information
Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues
(www.ico.org.uk). 3 SHARP LTD would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns
before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
13. Questions and Contact information
For any questions or for further information, please contact: email@example.com